Thursday, August 19, 2010

UPDATED | Piranha 3D Director Alexandre Aja on Putting 80,000 Gallons of Blood to Good Use (New York Magazine)

It may be the most blood ever used, and it is violent and graphic somehow, but it’s never, I hope, disgusting or over-the-top. I didn’t make this movie to use that much blood. Because 20,000 kids getting attacked at spring break is a lot of blood in the water. I just respect the medical rules: one gallon equals one person.
I love that last sentence - one gallon for each person. It just cracks me up. And as an unabashed fan of the ridiculous SyFy movies, this one is definitely on my list to see. I think some good, campy fun is the perfect way to end the summer. I'm not sure how it happened, but somewhere along the way, we started to take our tentpoles a little too seriously, don't you think?
Read the full New York Magazine article here.

UPDATE: The LA Times has a similar article about PIRANHA 3D that I'd thought I'd throw up here as well. Read the full article here.

No comments: