Wednesday, October 27, 2010

NBC, You've Blown It Again! (The Daily Beast)

NBC needs to start thinking like a first-place network again and, instead of following the pack, look to lead it. The first step is to formalize something resembling a brand. CBS has crime procedurals (CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds); Fox is bombastic (House, Bones, Glee); ABC has soapy dramas (Grey's Anatomy) and family entertainment (Dancing With the Stars, Modern Family). NBC is the odd one out, looking like a patchwork quilt.
I have to agree. My TV is for DVDs only, so all of my television watching is done online, which means I have to make a conscious choice to watch any given episode - and NONE of the shows I'm making time for are on NBC.

But this article is also worth reading because of how the author breaks down ways the network could improve - and could actually be good advice for every channel.

Read the full article here.

No comments: